Wednesday, October 22, 2014
7 Social Media Post Ideas For Small Businesses
Here are 7 post types that will help small businesses provide value, gain more exposure, and eventually, more customers.
1. Pictures of product or services: Nothing shows off a business... like showing off a business. Take plenty of pictures of products and services (example of a service pic would be a roofing company taking pictures of a job site). The key is to explain the value of a product or service so it comes off as helpful and not "salesy".
2. Tips: Nothing repels an audience more than a daily sales pitch. On the other hand, nothing attracts followers more than valuable information. Offering tips on social media not only builds trust because you're trying to help solve common problems, but it also will help your business set itself up as the expert.
3. Events: When most people today want all of their friends and family to know about an event, they post it on social media. The same approach can be made for businesses if they have a special event to promote. Platforms like Facebook and Google Plus have special event tabs in which they can be easily created in just a few minutes.
4. Staff: We must remember that people love to do business with people and not logos and brands. Pictures of your team make great social media posts. This pulls the curtain back on your business and allows your audience to get to know the people behind the brand. Also, your staff will love that you show them appreciation (note: be sure to ask them before posting as some do not want their pics on social media).
5. Questions/Fill in the blank: Questions work well on social media because it gets our followers involved, talking and engaging. It makes it a two-way street instead of a one-sided broadcast. Be sure to ask specific questions that your audience would be interested in that only needs one or two words to answer. Ex: A dentist could ask, "Do you brush in circles or back and forth?" It's simple to answer and it makes it fun for the followers. I bet you're thinking about how you brush now haha :)
6: Promotions/new products/services: It's best to always lead with tips and value first, but it is okay to promote your business on social media as well. After all, most of us are for profit businesses. The key is not to do it all of the time. Just every now and then. I suggest promotional posts when you are rolling out a new product or service, or perhaps your seasonal business just came into season.
7. Be social: It is social media so it's okay to a be...social. Make some posts funny or talk about an upcoming event in your local city. When we just talk about our business it becomes boring. Mix in some "social" posts and keep it fresh and up-to-date (current events that aren't political, etc). Bring your brand or business to life!
When we have different types of content we become less predictable and never run out of interesting content to share with our followers. I hope this helps brings some life to your pages and gives you some more ideas on what to post. As always, if you can't find the time to post consistently, we can do it for you. Check out our small business marketing solution here: Small Business Solution
Thanks for reading! Please feel free to share any additional post ideas in the comments!