Monday, July 9, 2012

How to Market Yourself





















How to Market Yourself


When people are buying something, they are not necessarily buying the product. They are buying you.  To survive in business, you need to know how to market yourself, not just your products.  For example,  I am a Beachbody Coach that distributes P90X, Shakeology, Insanity etc.  There are thousands of other coaches and you can even buy these products directly from Beachbody.  What would make someone by them me?  We have to market OURSELVES, not just our products.  Get your name out there, not just your product name.  The first thing that I would do would be to try to work your name into your website domain name (ex:  johnsmith.com or workwithjohnsmith.com).  If someone remembers your name, they will remember your site so they can buy your products from YOU.  The next thing you do is actually something that you don't do.  DON'T SELL your products.  Talk about them, with passion, but create relationships first.  Get your prospects to like you and trust you and they will practically ask you for the product.  The best metaphor I can think of is dating.  When you first meet a girl or guy would you ask them to marry you? No right?  You have to get to know them first, hang out with them for a while. Know just about everything about them, THEN you take the relationship to the next level.  It's the same way in marketing.  If I hardly know someone and the first thing out of my mouth is "hey buy P90X from me!!" I will scare them away.  I first need to build a relationship first. See if there is even a need for a fitness program, go over their goals etc.  Once I get to know them on a personal level, then usually THEY will inquire about my products and since they already know, like and trust me, they will buy from me.  We have to do this in order to separate ourselves from the others that are selling the same product.  People buy from people they like and trust so market yourself first and the product will sell itself.



Go Daddy Deal of the Week: Get 20% off your order! Offer expires 7/17/12