Thursday, December 20, 2012

How To Use Google Documents




When I started my social media training business  I wanted to make sure that I kept expenses as low as possible so I didn't have to charge people a ton of money to help them.  I did not want to compromise on quality and efficiently though.  One resource that has made me and my company more efficient is Google docs. Before I go into how to use Google documents, I want to explain what it is and what you can use it for.  Google documents is a free tool that Google provides that is basically like an online Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).  Here are some of the advantages:



It's Free!:  As long as you have a Google account, you can use Google Documents

It's Mobile:  You don't have to worry about emailing documents to yourself or making sure you are on the right computer.  As long as you have internet access, you can access your Google Documents.

Sharing:  You can share your documents with others without having to email the document.  This is especially important when it comes to multiple people working on the same project.  How frustrating is it to email a spreadsheet back and forth and save, re-save etc?  What a pain.  Google documents solves all this.  You can email the document if you need to though.


It's hard to write about how to use it, so I made a quick video to show you how easy it is.

I hope you enjoy this video---->  How to Use Google Documents (click the link)


If you know someone that would benefit from this article or video, please share it with them.  Thanks for stopping by!